“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you…and you will be my witnesses to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8)
Confirmation is especially significant at our parish as the Holy Spirit is our special patron. You will receive the personal gift of the Holy Spirit like Mary and the Apostles did at Pentecost and His seven fold gifts of wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord.
- At Holy Spirit, Confirmation is a two-year program that begins in 7th grade
- If your child is in 7th grade or higher and you would like to enroll them in Confirmation Preparation classes, please complete and submit the information below electronically.
- If you are an adult who would like to be Confirmed, please submit a general inquiry using the Contact
Student Requirements to be Confirmed
- Regular class attendance
- Information Form (Due December of candidate’s 7th grade year)
Online Form click here
Printable From click here
- ** If you have enrolled in Confirmation Preparation class using the electronic format, you do not need to complete this form.
- Saint Report (Due February of candidate’s 7th grade year)
- Click here for saint report instructions.
- Confirmation Retreat (Held on a Saturday in October/November of the candidate’s 8th grade year)
- Will be held at Holy Spirit School
- Candidate may attend a retreat at another parish
- Confirmation candidates from other parishes may attend the Holy Spirit retreat (Contact Children’s Religious Education to make arrangements)
- Confirmation Interview(Conducted in November of the candidate’s 8th grade year)
- Students should know the answers to the Confirmation Interview Questions
- The Confirmation Preparation Guide should be reviewed by confirmation candidates
- Interviews will be conducted at Holy Spirit Parish during class time
- Sponsor Eligibility Form(Due February of candidate’s 7th grade year)
- Sponsor or proxy must attend Confirmation Rehearsal
Sponsor Eligibility Form Instructions
- Sponsor must have their pastor sign the form
- The form must be returned to the Religious Education Office
- The form can be:
- Hand-delivered to the Religious Education Office
- Mailed to , or
- Uploaded using the link on the Confirmation page:
Confirmation Rehearsal – Student and Sponsor – Monday October 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- Sponsor or proxy and student both must attend Confirmation Rehearsal
- Rehearsal will be held date and time
- Plan about 45 min to 1 hour.
- We will go over the Confirmation specific parts of the Mass.
- Confirmandi – Upon arrival, they should find their names in the first three or four pews (in the center). That’s where they should sit. Boys will be on the left, girls will be on the right.
- Sponsors – Upon arrival, they should find their names in pews 5-8 (approximately) and look for their confirmand’s name. That is where they should sit. For example, if Bob Smith is the sponsor for Jack Doe, Bob should look for Jack’s name in the 5thor 6th pew on the left and sit in the location with Jack’s name tag.
- If the sponsor cannot be there, someone should fill in on that day (anyone) and be able to instruct the sponsor later on. The sponsor absolutely should notask the Religious Education staff what to do the day of Confirmation if he or she was not at the rehearsal.
- The confirmandi and sponsor may wear casual, church-appropriate clothing for the rehearsal (there is no dress code).
Confirmation Day Details – Dress Code, Schedule, and Pictures
- Dress Code Note –
- For gentlemen: Slacks, button down shirt, tie, dark formal shoes, dark socks. Clothing should be clean, neat, and fitted. No flip flops/sandals or other casual type shoes.
- For ladies: Dress or skirt with formal shoes. No sleeveless or backless tops; the front of the dress or top should not be lower than three fingers from the collar bone; the length of the dress or skirt may allow for visible knees but not thighs. No flip flops/sandals or other casual type shoes.
- Confirmation Mass Schedule– Tuesday October 13, 2020
- 5:45 PM– Confirmandi arrive to school gym. Attendance will be taken. Dress code checked (see above). Confirmandi should have their robes in the hand when they arrive.
- 6:30 PM– Sponsors arrive to church and find seats. Just like the rehearsal, sponsors should be sitting in the sponsor rows at the name-tag of the child they are sponsoring.
- 7:00 PM– Mass begins.
- 8:15 PM– At the end of Mass, Confirmandi will process to the gym. The Bishop will be available for pictures, and light finger-food will be available.
- Confirmation Pictures
- There will be a professional photographer at the Confirmation Mass and reception. Her work is top-notch and she has helped us out every year that I have been here. If you would like to place an order for pictures, here is a link to the order form
- Return the form along with payment to the school or Religious Education office to place your order.