We enhance the church setting for the liturgy by tending the flowers of God’s creation!
Each week the parish receives fresh flowers for the sanctuary. For more information about volunteering with the flower ministry, please contact Patti Barber at [email protected].
- To remember a loved one through these floral displays, please contact the Parish Office at 703-978-8074. The donation for main altar flowers are $175 and Blessed Mother and St. Joseph flowers are $95 each.
- If parishioners bring small vases of flowers for the Madonna in the foyer or in the outdoor shrine, please do not bring vases or containers of sentimental or monetary value as the parish cannot be responsible for the damage or loss of these vases.
- For Christmas and Easter, we work with the sacristans and youth groups to decorate the church according to the instructions of the Roman Missal. Please note, because of these instructions, there are no flowers in the church during Advent or Lent.
For volunteer opportunities with the flower ministry
- On Saturdays, members of the flower ministry replace the flowers in the sanctuary with new arrangements from the florist, dispose of faded flowers and make new bouquets from the previous week’s flowers for the Blessed Mother in the foyer. It takes about 45 minutes.
- During the week, we check bouquets on the altar and near the Blessed Mother and add water, as necessary.
Training is provided and no special talents are required. For more information about volunteering with the flower ministry, please contact Patti Barber at [email protected].