May 2021 Theme: Why Can’t We Love Them Both?
Why Can’t We Love Them Both?
It is commonly said that pro-lifers only care about the baby who is killed by abortion. But that is so blatantly false that it’s easy to disprove. In our community alone, here are just some of the resources available to help pregnant women in need:
- Our diocesan Gabriel Project offers one-on-one support and many resources for pregnant women. Women in need can find them online here.
- A list of pregnancy care centers in the northern Virginia area—all of which provide free, confidential services—can be found here.
- If the pregnant woman needs material assistance, she can find a list of resources here.
- If she needs a place to live, she can find out more about Mary’s Shelter, the Paul Stefan Home, and St. Margaret of Cortona Transitional Housing.
- If she needs rental assistance, she can investigate Arlington Catholic Charities’ programs here. If she needs medical care, she can learn about another Catholic Charities program here.
- Is she considering adoption? Information about the Arlington Catholic Charities’ Adoption office is found here.
- Does she need to talk with someone about a different problem? Arlington Catholic Charities’ Mental Health Counselors are ready to see if they can help.