Knights of Columbus Sponsored Youth Poster & Essay Contests!
Looking for opportunities to help our youth engage in their creative talent and writing skills? Look no further… the Knights of Columbus is sponsoring these two youth contests. Keep reading for more information!
Keep Christ in Christmas Youth Poster Contest
Christmas has become a secular holiday for many, especially children…. To combat this, the Knights of Columbus has introduced the Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest. This program allows youth to engage their creative talent and imagination while understanding the true, spiritual meaning of Christmas.
Open to all youth between the ages of 5 and 14. Contest entrants compete in one of three age groups — ages 5 through 7, ages 8 through 10 and 11 through 14. First place winners will receive a $25 cash prize!
- Poster must reflect the theme of Keep Christ in Christmas.
- Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images) of a single person.
- Poster should be approximately 11×17 inches. All entries become property of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council office.
- Posters cannot be returned in most cases.
- There is no limit to the number of poster each contestant may submit.
Catholic Citizenship Youth Essay Contest
The Essay Contest is open to all Catholic students (public, private, home, or parochial schools) in grades 8 to 12 during the current school year, with winners at each level. Winners will receive a $25 prize.
The goal of the Catholic Citizenship essay Contest is to give students an opportunity to define the role of a Catholic citizen in many different scenarios.
The 2020-2021 Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest Theme: to discuss how trusting in God during a difficult time has helped you or someone you know find the strength and hope to endure it. Consider especially those times when it was a challenge to understand why something was happening. Consider also sharing any lessons about faith and hope that you, or someone you know, may have learned from this experience.
- The essay should be approximately 500-750 words.
- Entrants will be judged on grammar, style, and how clearly they present the theme — which should showcase creativity, imagination and overall development of the topic.
- All entries become the property of the Knights of Columbus and will not be returned.
Submission deadline for both contests is Sunday, December 13, 2020.
Visit the Knights of Columbus table after weekend Masses, through Dec. 13th, for more information. Or contact [email protected].