Help Those in Prison by Baking Cookies
The KAIROS Prison Ministry will be offering a Christian retreat in mid-October.
Catholic Charities’ Prison Ministry needs cookies to offer to the inmates who attend.
Note that, because of the restrictions of the prison, cookies must follow their guidelines:
- Cookie types that are generally acceptable are: oatmeal, peanut butter, molasses, and chocolate chip.
- All cookies must be between 2 and 2.5 inches in diameter and no more than 0.5 inches thick.
- There can be no icing, sugar, or any other type of coating on the outside of the cookies.
- Do not add any type of fruit or nuts to the cookies; chocolate chips are allowed.
- Cookies must be bagged in quart-sized zip-lock bags, one dozen cookies per bag.
- Label each bag with the type of cookie.
Our parish goal is 100 dozen homemade cookies.
Cookies that do not meet these requirements will be rejected.
Please contact Marilyn Grodek by October 2 at [email protected] or 703-978-5793 to volunteer! Recommended cookie recipes are also available.
This outreach is sponsored by the parish Good Samaritan Society.